DJ & MC POSITIONS
WHO WE ARE:
DV Entertainment is a Charlottesville VA based entertainment & production company which hosts dozens of weddings, proms, and corporate events each year. DV-E was founded in 2010 and provides audio/visual production, entertainment, multi media, DJ, and photo booth services
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a DJ who can also MC yet also understands the setup/load-in and load out demands of mobile events. One who is charismatic, hip, well groomed, OUTGOING, dependable, fun, who love serving and entertaining others! If you are energetic and enthusiastic and know a lot about music – we want you.
Experience is favored but is not a must as WE WILL TRAIN the right individuals!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE JOB:
If you would be afraid to get on a stage and speak in front of 500 guests this is not for you.
But if you carry confidence and can talk in front of a group without any problem, this could be your dream job!
- Regular availability on weekends and a reliable vehicle with a valid license. Those who are available weekdays get preference
- Must have a strong work ethic and willing to go over and above the call of duty to serve your clients
- Must truly be OUTGOING and not afraid to be in front of others
- Must have GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS and must be able to interact positively with others
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Must work well with others as a team leader or team member
- Must be located within a 30 minute drive of our Staunton, VA Office
- Must be willing to travel in and out of state, for multiple days at times
- Must be willing to load/upload, setup and breakdown large amounts of equipment
- Must be EARLY to all events (being right on time or late doesn’t work in this business)
- Must have a clean criminal background and no major traffic violations in the past 5 years
- 21 years of age or older (25 and older preferred)
- Quick email response
- Follows directions well
- Excellent dress, appearance, and hygiene
- Be able to lift and carry up too 50lbs
- Demonstrate high energy, strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
- A deep passion for special events and hospitality
- Ability to delegate, follow up, and relate to customers and staff members well
- Very sorry, but we are not currently accepting applications from full-time college students
DJ SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- A reliable laptop
- Own your own DJ Controller (Turntables and CDJs are too bulky to travel with in most cases)
- A Wired Microphone
- 60% or more of your music library be clean edits
- Extremely familiar with playing a open-format/top-40s set for 3-4 hours
Pay is varied based on each event. This is a freelance position, no other benefits are offered.