LIGHTING & VISUAL TECHNICIAN
WHO WE ARE:
DV Entertainment is a entertainment & production company based in Staunton and Charlottesville VA which hosts dozens of events each year. DV-E was founded in 2010 and provides audio/visual production to nation wide.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for highly detailed, creative individuals who is ready to learn all about lighting and video projection, then take their skills and help create amazing shows for corporate clients, bands, music venues, theaters and more. We need not only A/V techs but techs who are ready and willing to setup various types of light rigs for the show they will program and direct.
Common duties you'll perform include,
- Addressing various types and sizes of DMX light fixtures
- safely setting up light stands, trusses, mounting lighting into existing supports, etc..
- Midi mapping light controllers
- Stage layout
- Creating show files in QLC+ or Freestyler
- Working with sound teams, back of house, and other stage techs.
Experience programing and operating lighting and video is favored but is not a must as WE WILL TRAIN the right individuals!
PRODUCTS OUR TEAM ALREADY USES
- QLC+ DMX Lighting Operator
- Freestyler DMX
- CoGe Video
- American DJ & Chauvet Lighting products
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE JOB:
The passion for production, the ability to learn fast, be creative and help create amazing shows with lights and video.
- Regular availability on weekends and a reliable vehicle with a valid license.
- Must have a strong work ethic and willing to go over and above the call of duty to serve your clients
- Must have above average computer skills.
- Must have GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS and must be able to interact positively with others
- Must have extreme attention to detail
- Must work well with others as a team leader or team member
- Must be located within a 30 minute drive of our Staunton, VA Office
- Must be willing to travel in and out of state
- Must be willing to load/upload, setup and breakdown large amounts of equipment
- Must be EARLY to all events (being right on time or late doesn’t work in this business)
- Must have a clean criminal background and no major traffic violations in the past 5 years
- 21 years of age or older (25 and older preferred)
- Follows directions well
- Excellent dress, appearance, and hygiene
- Be able to lift and carry up too 50lbs
- Demonstrate high energy, strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
- A deep passion for the music and entertainment industry
- Very sorry, but we are not currently accepting applications from full-time college students
Pay is varied based on each event. This is a freelance position, no other benefits are offered.
Please send your creative resume, cover letter, and any experience in the music, theater, film, or other relevant industries you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.