The Freelance multimedia assistant would assist in the ever growing demand of digital and press content across the DV-E brand working directly with the owner as well as clients. Ideal candidates can complete tasks under pressure of deadlines, adjust to the ever changing landscape of a businesses online presences, social media, content creation, client, customer relations and any other tasks needed to help grow the company's capacities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage, write, upload and schedule blog posts for all our brands
- Upload and share varies content via social media regularly
- Write and submit press releases to local, regional, and national news outlets
- Attend events to help generate visual content (i.e., take photos and video)
- Edit photos and video for web use, social media, and marketing purposes
- Assist with administrative client management during peak season
- Work with and communicate with our various partners, clients, and vendors
- Take on other tasks within your scope that help the company complete its goals
- Must live within a 30 minute drive of Staunton, VA
- Must complete work in a time sensitive manor
- Must have experience managing social media for a business
- Must have strong email skills, response time, and etiquette
- Excellent communication, listening, and customer service skills
- Proactive, self-starting, tenacious work habits and the ability to work independently or with a team
- Handle ones self professionally in in-person, over the phone
- Positive attitude and a willingness to always learn new things
- Drive to follow through and double-check work
- Be able to lift and carry up too 50lbs
- Demonstrate high energy, strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
OTHER (NOT REQUIRED BUT PREFERED)
- Experience with lightroom, photoshop, and Final Cut Pro X or other media editing programs
- Photography and videography experience with professional or prosumer equipment
Pay will be discussed during the hiring phase. This is a freelance position, no other benefits are offered.
Work is seasonal and based on the needs of the company. Expected administrative hours could be as little as 5-10 hours per month in the off season (Nov-April), and 15-30+ hours a month during peak season (May-Oct).
*Applicants looking for additional opportunities should apply to our Part-Time Event Assistant position as well as we are giving preference to individuals willing to do both.